Monday, April 1, 2013

Mixtape Monday #3: Childhood


To say I've been slacking on my mixtapes would be an egregious understatement. I'm no good with commitments, so I don't know what was going on in my brain when I decided a weekly mixtape would be a phenomenal and simple task. Oops.

Today, I bring you the mixtape of my childhood.

These are my comfort songs. They're the songs that Mom danced to while she was cleaning our old apartment, the songs that Dad cranked up in the back yard when he was mixing paint for his new client's house, the songs that don't sound the same without the soft pop and crackle of a needle on a vinyl groove. They're the songs that can't be played loudly enough, and until the past three months, the songs that never made me cry.


What are songs that remind you of your childhood? What songs bring you comfort? What songs feel like home?

1 comment:

  1. DAN FOGELBERG!! you are probably one of like... 2 people that actually know who he is ;)

    it's funny, b/c my dad is a musician... but I don't associate too much music with either of my parents. 90's country and the Beatles w/my dad I guess :) and my mom... James Taylor, Neil Young, or Joni Mitchell.

    BUT. I feel so comforted by the singer songwriters of the 70s. hence my love of John Denver and Dan Fogelberg :) I often think I was born in the wrong generation or maybe I'm reincarnated because that music is so familiar to me!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are love :)

 
site design by designer blogs