Thursday, April 18, 2013

I'm just a little black rain cloud.

A list of random things that have made me cry about my father's death (months later):
  • A Glidden paint store hat
  • The selling of his Barracuda
  • The new Star Trek trailer
  • American Pickers
  • Adopting Vera
  • A sunset
  • Little Debbie Cakes (Oatmeal Pies = His favorite)
  • Painting Mom's living room
  • Having paint-speckled forearms after painting at Mom's
  • Resaving his last voice mail on my phone
  • Coffee
  • My apartment
  • Father's Day 2013
  • The thought of having children
  • Chipping a piece off of my bookcase that he'd painted for me while I was moving it
  • Recommending his chiropractor, who was his best friend, to a friend
  • His work building full of tools and boxes
  • Grilling hamburgers
  • My wedding anniversary
  • Hugging my father-in-law
  • Seeing a bunny hop across Mom's lawn
  • Removing him from my emergency contacts on my work profile
  • The photo I had set for his contact photo in my phone showing up when Mom called me because she'd changed her profile photo on Facebook.
  • Driving his truck to the shop to be worked on
  • Ensure
  • Not remembering the last time I bought a battery for my car
  • The first warm day of the year
...and, for some reason, today. Just because.
 
site design by designer blogs