Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Sherlock is a beautiful creature.... wait.


Yesterday was filled with wonderful laziness.

J got up and went to work at 6am (ughhh, inventory) and I flipped over and went right back to sleep (which shows how poorly I've been sleeping lately -- normally I can't sleep without him next to me) until 10am.

After waking up, I trudged into the living room with my heating pad and a Diet Coke, wrapped myself up in a blanket and snuggled up on the couch for some Sherlock. I must say, even though I am thrilled at the promise of new episodes in the fall, I do believe that even Netflix is judging me a little for re-watching the first two seasons so many times. I love TV shows so very rarely that I obsessively re-watch them when I find one that I like.



So after some Sherlock and then Wreck-It Ralph (which I adored), Kristi texted me to ask if I wanted to go see Beautiful Creatures with her -- and of course I said yes! Kristi and I are guilty-pleasure-book-series buddies. We went through the entirety of the Twilight saga together (both books and movies) and we've both been anticipating Beautiful Creatures because we both read the book when it came out a couple of years ago. We met at the theater for a matinee, and luckily we were the only people in there aside from a couple who sat very far away from us (teenage kids -- I don't think their agenda was to actually watch the movie), so we were free to do what we do best -- MST3K style. We dissected the discrepancies, approved of the parallels, and concluded that the end of the movie was actually better than the end of the novel. It was fun. I haven't gotten to do that with her in quite a while -- not since The Hunger Games.

I came home after the movie and J had already gotten home from work. He cooked dinner (some sort of concoction of chicken, noodles, salsa, and cheese -- I know it sounds odd, but the man has skills and it was delicious as always), I made brownies afterward, and we settled in for a night of Lego Harry Potter on the Xbox.



J had another morning shift today, so I've been bundled up and reading most of the morning (currently re-reading Vonnegut's Slaughterhouse Five). I left for a while earlier, to drop off J's drill at the restaurant (because on top of a manager, he's a handy-man -- ha!), and I somehow came home with an order of coconut shrimp and broccoli and cheddar biscuits for lunch.  Yum.

I have to go to work shortly, which is a bummer, but maybe it won't be too bad. I've been training the new girl for the past week in the evenings and she seems to be catching on quickly, which makes being there a little more fun than usual. We'll see...

Until next time, lovelies.

1 comment:

  1. I've never watched "Sherlock" but I am intrigued! I also really want to see "Wreck it Ralph" - it looks super cute!

    I want to see "Beautiful Creatures" too, although I've never read the books.

    Isn't that such a man thing for them to throw random stuff together and have it taste AMAZING?

    ReplyDelete

Comments are love :)

 
site design by designer blogs