Monday, October 29, 2012

Hi-Ho, Hi-Ho, It's off to work he goes!

In an earlier post, I told you guys that J was working on borrowed time at his job and we were hoping it would last long enough for us to figure out a new plan without a gap his in employment.

The bad news is that it didn't quite last that long... but the good news is he was offered an amazing restaurant management opportunity less than 24 hours after the fish market closed. If that's not a best-case-possible unemployment scenario, I don't know what is.

The past couple of weeks consisted mainly of phone conversations with the regional manager, drug testing, and background checks; once all of that cleared, he received his schedule and assigned dress code.  He starts locally training tomorrow, he will travel to Florida in December for more training, and by January he will be fully trained. After two or three years, he'll be bumped up to a general manager and they'll relocate us so that he can run his own restaurant.

Things happen the way they are meant to happen. He missed a job opportunity earlier this year due to some pretty ridiculous circumstances. Now I am exceedingly grateful for the fact that he was spared that job in order to eventually acquire this one. Exponentially better pay, better benefits, and better opportunities for growth and relocation within the company since is a well-established corporation with several brands.

We've been giddy. We've been hunting for a new place (read: one that isn't directly above an enthusiastic insomniac of a musician with an electric guitar), looking into me finishing school, putting together a plan for paying off debt; it's all very exciting, really. I'm thankful for the forward motion, for the stability, for the chance for us to better ourselves. Planning the next stage of our lives makes me happy. ♥

...now I just need to work on him in regards to acquiring a furbaby. Haha. I miss having a pet so much! We've been considering hedgehogs or chinchillas for indoor pet options, but no decisions have been made just yet...

What do you guys think?



I hope you're all having a lovely Monday! :-)

3 comments:

  1. 1. YAY Jeremy.
    2. Chinchillas all the way! I'm assuming he's allergic to cats?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY indeed! And yes, he is! We're in a pickle because he's allergic to cats, I can't stand dogs in the house (I don't know if I'm sensitive to dog smell or what, but every single dog in the world STINKS to me), and while neither of us would mind having either animal outside, it wouldn't really be feasible to do that unless we owned a home with a yard. All I know is that my uterus twinges for pets like a lot of women twinge for babies, and I miss furry snuggles! Haha.

      Delete
    2. Oh I know. I had pet rats until I could justify my cat. I have to have a pet!!

      Delete

Comments are love :)

 
site design by designer blogs