Sunday, November 11, 2012

Thankful

Recent events/things for which I am thankful --

  • Our new apartment that we'll be in as of December. Two bedrooms, two baths, one story, one neighbor (elderly, quiet, and sure to appreciate our boring quietness as well), and zero jerkface insomniac musicians. We are so ready to be out of this place and away from college kids. We're too old for their shenanigans.
  • My vacation time. I've been off this week and it has enabled me to be with my parents when they needed my help with errands, food, and general support.
  • My sweet husband, who has been so patient and so empathetic toward my mood this week. He knows when I need hugs, when I need out of the house to clear my head, when I need a homemade pumpkin spice latte, when I need to cry, when I need to be left alone... and he knows exactly how to handle it all. I don't think I can ever thank him enough or repay him for all the support he has given me. I know that I'll sure as hell try.
  • Too Cute, on Animal Planet. Puppies and kittens are a great source of happiness. I watched an episode earlier in which a tiny baby goat headbutted a puppy and I thought my heart would explode.
  • My adorable little sister. I picked her up from work on Thursday and spent the whole day with her. We grabbed a bite to eat, visited with my parents, talked for a long time, went to PetCo and perused cute animals, and we had a good time. I don't get to do that often enough with her because of our completely opposite schedules. I'm glad we could catch up.
  • Tokyo Pen Shop. The lovely Bethany sent me a pen about a year ago and it quickly became my favorite pen of all time. It finally ran out of ink a few weeks ago and I went straight to Bethany's recommended source -- Tokyo Pen Shop -- and I ordered black and purple Uniball Signo DX 0.38 pens as well as a cherry pink Hi-Tec C 0.4 pen. Upon submitting my order, I left a note to Kimberly stating that Bethany had referred me and that I was thankful for the service she offered (because these pens are darn near impossible to find, online or otherwise). I promised to order more once the emerald green had been restocked. Two business days later, my order arrived -- with two additional emerald green pens! Kimberly had included a note thanking me for my business and letting me know that she found those last two pens in emerald green and planned to restock the website with them soon. I was stoked! Talk about awesome customer service. If you're a writer or a pen snob, please go check it out; their prices and service are excellent and their shipping is lightning fast!
  • Dove Nourishing Curls Whipped Cream mousse. Best mousse ever -- and it smells amazing. If you're a curly-haired girl, I very highly recommend trying this stuff out.
What are you thankful for today? 

4 comments:

  1. Hooray for new pens! Kimberly is really the best. She includes a free pen in my orders more often than not, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She rocks, seriously. I'm spoiled and I've only ever ordered once. Also, I'm LOVING the Hi-Tec C pen! If you haven't tried those yet, give them a whirl. They're almost as awesome as the Signos!

      Delete
  2. Too Cute is the best mood-brightening show ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many good things on this list, it brightened my day. And as a fellow pen snob, I think I need to go do some shopping like right now.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are love :)

 
site design by designer blogs